The people behind NALA
Scientific Advisory Board & Coaches
Prof. Dr. Thomas Bieber
Atopic Dermatitis Expert
- Chair at the Department of Dermatology and Allergy, University Hospital of Bonn, Germany
- Director at the “Christine Kühne-Center for Allergy Research and Education” (CK-CARE), Davos, Switzerland
Prof. Dr. Marcus Maurer
- Professor for dermatologic allergology & research Director at the clinic for dermatology, venerology und allergology at the Charité in Berlin
- Assistant medical director and deputy head of the „Allergie-Centrum-Charité“
- Deputy representative of the “Europäischen Stiftung für Allergieforschung” (ECARF) at the advisory council of the „Stiftung Deutscher
- DFG-fellow at the Harvard Medical School in Boston
Dr. Heiko Visarius
- Member of the Advisory Board at University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland FHNW
- Horizon 2020 Expert at European Commission
- Member of Board of Trustees at Swiss Excellence Foundation
- CEO and Member of Executive Committee at Synthes (bought by Johnson&Johnson)
- Head Europe at Medtronic
Digital Health Expert
- Mentor at EIT Health
- Managing Director at StartupBootcamp Digital Health Berlin
- Digital Office & Project Consulting at Techniker Krankenkasse
- Digital Acceleration Manager at Novartis
Dr. Nana Bit- Avragim
Business Development Expert
- Founder of iHopsital Labs
- Mentor & Advisory Digital Health at EIH Health
- Head of Digital Health at the German Hub of Singularity University
- Program Director Innovation & Entrepreneurship at Stiftung Charité
- Founder at Peak Spirit
- Advisor Health-Tech at Kickstart Innovation
- Member of the Executive Board at THERA-Trainer Medica Medizintechnik GmbH
- Managing Director at Bioengineering AG
Co-Founder & CEO
- Head of Launchpad at Swisscom
- Global Venture Developer at Rocket Internet
- Strategy Consultant at Solon Mgmt. Consulting
- Has found his first company with 14 years old and sold it to a competitor when he was 25
Co-Founder & CTO
- Managing Director at Digiters (digital product builder / agency with 20+ employees)
- UX/UI Designer at World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Associate at World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Speaks 5 languages fluently
Dr. med. Julia Born
Head of Medical
- Assistant Doctor in Dermatology at the German Military Hospital Ulm (Bundeswehrkrankenhaus Ulm)
- Assistant Doctor in Dermatology for Dr. Schirren in Darmstadt
- Julia has treated more than 20.000 patients as a dermatologist.
Regulatory Lead (External)
- CEO at be-on-Quality GmbH
- Lecturer for “Risk management and usability for medical devices and medical networks” at the Nürenberg Institute of Technology, in Nüremberg Germany
- Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs Professional at Corscience GmbH & Co. KG
- Stefan read his first regulatory documents when he was only 8 years old.
Marketing Lead (External)
- Founder & CEO at Singularity Ventures
- Director of Venture Development at Dialogue
- Venture Development Manager at ARGO Trade Solutions
- Jan has his own Spotify Playlist with more than 30.000 subscribers
- Biocellular engineer
- Master student in health engineering
- International biology bachelor
- Creates an alumni network association to promote the field of health engineering
Paolo de Leon
Head of Operations
- Co-developed the startup “Lewini” as technical expert
- Research assistant in logistics engineering at Jacobs University
- Student coordinator for the “Sound Lights and Stage Crew” at Jacobs University (leading 20 students)
- Paolo was a captain of the university rowing team and has built the first 3D printer on campus of the Jacobs University in Bremen (Germany).
- Senior Research Analyst at The NPD Group
- Business development at Normative.io
- Master student in International marketing and brand management
- Hongwei is pursuing his 3rd Master’s Degree
- Graphic designer/editor at Adspin Advertising, inc.
- Bachelor’s degree student in fine arts
- Krisha made it to the final of a video production competition at University of Santo Tomas Manila.
Senior Software Developer
- CTO at Fit Access
- Product & Technology Officer at ValeaHealth ( Digital Health Companion)
- Web Applications Developer at Lamudi (Rocket Internet)
- Has successfully build up two digital health / companion companies before
VP of Engineering
- VP of Engineering at ContactOut (serving 30% of the Fortune500 companies)
- Technical Solutions Architect at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- First Filipino participant in 500 Startups (Batch 21)
Daniel del Mundo
Senior Frontend Developer
- Frontend Web/Application Developer at StraightArrow Corporation
- Frontend Application Developer at Business Switch
- Can play 6 different musical instruments
We honor respect, trust & honesty
We follow these principles as the cornerstones of our company culture – internally and externally.
We create real, sustainable impact
We are driven by creating lasting, positive impact for the most important thing there is: the health of our users.
We are getting things done
We embrace the „no bla just do“ attitude and are delivering on our promises to make the world a better place.
We put the user first
We put the user and its needs in the center of everything we are doing.
We are passionate
We are passionate about what we are doing – because what’s more important than to increase the Quality of Life (QoL) of people in need?
We are having fun!
In working on NALA, we are having a good time — if it’s not fun, what is it for, after all?
You want to stay up-to-date about NALA?
Please subscribe to our Newsletter: